What is the difference between injection and blow moulding?
What is Blow Moulding？
Blow molding (or moulding) is a manufacturing process for forming and joining together hollow plastic parts. It is also used for forming glass bottles or other hollow shapes.［Wiki］In general, there are three main types of plastic bottle blow molding: extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, and injection stretch blow molding. If you need to make lots of bottles, this is the process for you. Blow molding creates very uniformly, thin-walled containers. And, it can do so very economically.
● Toggle balance clamping structure, with platen opening & clamping and mold platen movement by linear guide, to achieve low friction and high speed.
● Based on the Finite Element Analysis design, and platen, toggle and platen frame made in high intensity nodular cast iron.
● High speed mold clamping oil cylinder with differential speed function, and high speed mold moving cylinder with special anti-shock cushion valve structure.
● Specially designed screw with high L/D ratio insures good plasticizing and stable extrusion; high precision and no part line die head guarantees customers’ top quality requirement.
● Multi-screw & multi-die head can be adopted to improve the quality of the product and lower down the cost of material.
● Multiple-way PID controlled temperature heating is precise and stable.
What is Injection Moulding?
An electric injection molding machine also known as an injection press, is a machine for manufacturing plastic products by the injection molding process. Injection molding is a method to obtain molded products by injecting plastic materials molten by heat into a mold, and then cooling and solidifying them. The method is suitable for the mass production of products with complicated shapes, and takes a large part in the area of plastic processing.
Injection molding requires a great deal of upfront engineering to develop detailed tooling or molds. Crafted from stainless steel or aluminum, molds are injected with liquid polymers at high temperatures under extreme pressure. The molds are then cooled to release complete plastic parts. Find customized all electric injection molding machine in Powerjet.
●New servo system applications ensures machine power to increase more than 10%;
●Reasonable and orderly piping layout, significantly reducing loss in oil channel;
●Oil circuit consists of standard components, improving the relability of hydraulic system.
Blow moulding and injection moulding are very different methods. Both produce high-quality, cost-efficient components, but the process you choose depends on what you’re producing.